Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5.0 Preview February 2015 contains functionality that has been updated from WMF 4.0. WMF 5.0 Preview February 2015 is available for installation on Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012, and contains updated versions of the following features:
- Windows PowerShell
- Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE)
- Windows PowerShell Web Services (Management OData IIS Extension)
- Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Windows Remote Management (WinRM)
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
You can download the release from here
This Windows Management Framework (WMF) preview includes everything from WMF 5.0 Preview November 2014, plus lots of new and interesting features.
The installer downloads and installs KB3037315 as shown here. You would require restart of the machine before the changes take effect.
Also, you do not need to uninstall previous versions to install the february release. Just download and install!!
Enjoy the experience and experiments!!